- Holiday home
- 6 Sleeps
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
This cottage is located in residential area "El Puntal" in the quiet Andalusian village of Padul, 10 km from Granada, famous for its unique wetland. From here it is only 50 km to the Costa Tropical, 40 km from Sierra Nevada Ski Resort, and a few steps away is the Lecrín Valley with its rich orange groves. The house has top quality finishes, including traditional tiles Mensaque Seville, which are used both outdoors and indoors. The three bedrooms on the first floor have fitted wardrobes; two bedrooms have balconies with stunning mountain views. The spacious garden is tiled, there are several fruit trees and a large private pool with modern cleaning system provides coolness in the hot summers. The caretaker comes every 3 days for the maintenance of the pool at a suitable time. In the garden is also a barbecue at your disposal and a garden house. The plot is situated on a street corner and is fully fenced with gates and balustrades with cypresses in front, which provide plenty of privacy.
In 2018 there are some new outdoor playing facilities available, like a basketball set, darts game and some toys for the little ones. Also a new dish washer was installed and some maintanance was done to the property.
- For groceries, the supermarket Spar at the entrance of the village Padul is very suitable.
- For big shopping in case of a longer stay, we recommend the Carrefour. Lies at the foot of exit Palacio de Congresos in Granada, cannot miss!
- For shopping in the city center of Granada, the car can be best parked in Parking San Anton, located immediately to the right when entering the Calle San Anton. There you can park reasonably cheap and the parking is easily accessible.
NEW: Nevada Shopping, a huge shopping center situated in Armilla at about 10 km from the house. More than 200 shops in all price ranges, food & drinks, cinema and an amusement hall for children!
This region offers something for everyone, here are some tips:
For culture lovers:
- Alhambra: this is really a must, a magnificent Moorish palace on the World Heritage List.
IMPORTANT: try to book tickets in advance on the internet, otherwise you have to line up early in the morning, hoping to get a ticket! If the site shows no availability, you can also buy the Granada Tourist Voucher, which also includes bus rides. You must then choose between a visit in the morning or in the afternoon.
NOTE: the time is stated to access the Palacio Nazaríes (inside the complex), NOT at the entrance of the complex itself!
- Albaycín: old town, with very authentic tapas occasions.
- Flamenco Show at the Sacromonte district: very passionate performance by gypsies, who loves well worth it!
For beach lovers:
- Salobreña and Motril are the nearest coastal resorts (+ \/ - 50 km.) On the Costa Tropical. Are reasonably directed to Spanish Tourism.
- Nerja is just down (+ \/ - 80km.) And is a larger and international resort.
- Windsurfing is also possible on the Rules waterresort (+\/- 30 km.)
For nature lovers:
- La Laguna: swamp area in Padul, from where hiking trails start.
- Lecrin Valley, the area around the village Lecrín is rich in orange and lemon groves. In the spring very beautiful when in bloom!
- Las Alpujarras: mountain located about 20 km. of the house. Lanjaron is famous for its medicinal waters and spas. There are also beautiful hiking trails in the region, Órgiva has lots to offer.
For winter sports enthusiasts:
- Sierra Nevada: the Southern most ski resort in Europe, which opens from December to April.
Also fun to just look around, there is also a skating rink.
Facilities - Inside
Facilities - Kitchen
Facilities - Outside
Prices per week
Price from £ 404 £ 978